College Funding Opportunities for Iowa Families
Iowa students and families can participate in three free college funding programs offered by Iowa Student Loan®during the 2017–2018 school year. Each program promotes essential concepts in saving for and financing college for all participants.
Sept. 5–Oct. 22: Save Now, Save Later: College Savings Plan Parent Giveaway
- Open to: Parents and guardians of Iowa students in grades 6–12.
- Awards: Fifty $1,000 deposits into College Savings Iowa accounts.
- Requirements: Visit the new Parent Handbook guide for important college financing information and enter contact information to register.
- Start at: www.IowaStudentLoan.org/SaveNow
|Oct. 23–Feb. 16: Iowa Financial Know-How Challenge: Senior Scholarship|
- Open to: Iowa high school seniors who will attend college in fall 2018.
- Awards: Thirty $2,000 college scholarships plus $500 to each recipient's high school.
- Requirements: Register online and then follow emailed instructions to complete two online components and a related assessment. Essays may be required as a tiebreaker.
- Start at: www.IowaStudentLoan.org/SeniorScholarship
|March 5–May 11: College Funding Forecaster Giveaway|
- Open to: Iowa high school students and their parents or guardians.
- Awards: Weekly drawings for educational expense awards plus two college scholarships for high school seniors attending college in fall 2018.
- Requirements: Complete the College Funding Forecaster tool to estimate total college costs over four years and enter contact information to register.
- Start at: www.IowaStudentLoan.org/Giveaway